Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mermaid Spectacular

I think I had several dreams last night and I remember bits and pieces of all of them.
- - -
It was a long time ago, in another century, in the south probably. There was a rich white family having dinner and then a father figure rushes in and warns everyone that a giant wind is coming. The family puts down all of their things and run out the door with the man. The only people left in the dining room were the African American slave family, they picked up all the food off of all the tables and took it with them as they ran out the door to a shelter.
- - -
I was in a room with some people I know. We were planning to build a game. We were discussing what items we would need to start the game. Some how these items turned into food. I said I wanted to make a cake for the game. They asked me to explain and I just said that the cake wasn't for the game it was for us to eat. Then another girl says that she would rather have paninis and we argued over which one we would have. Finally I gave up and told her to go make whatever she wanted to.

Then a big wind came, perhaps it was kind of like a tornado. It tore down the walls and the ceiling, but it was in a gentle way. There wasn't any loud noise, I just remember floating.

We floated down to my friend's house because it was her birthday that day. She just pulled up in her car and opened the door for us. We all went in and sat down in the living room. She stepped out of the room to prepare some food and we all signed a birthday card for her.
- - -
There was a huge swimming pool. It was fluorescent blue from the chlorine. There was a huge audience outside of the pool. In the pool was a huge structure like a giant Cirque du Soleil set. There were lots of girls and dancers posing all over this structure. Some were dressed as mermaid, others as princesses and all of the costumes were bright, saturated colors. We were performing a sort of acrobatic syncronized swiming routine. I was dressed as a princess. My costume was pink with sequins on it and a huge toole skirt. I had black theigh-high socks and garters underneath the skirt.

There was music playing. All of the girls seemed to be competing for attention, not really working together in any way. At one point we all flew down to a lower level of the structure on harnesses and then we were supposed to get cut loose and dive into the pool. My harness (of a single strand of fishing wire) didn't get cut loose in time. I was sitting on a ledge about 3 feet above the shallow end of the pool, trying to cut the string loose. I tried to bite it but it wouldn't cut. Finally, a performer next to me cut it for me, but I was too late to catch up to the other girls. It didn't really bother me, I guess the routine was only a suggestion. I pulled my skirt up so you could see the tops of the garters (I think I had a swim suit underneath) and kicked my legs through the water splashing it all around. I did this gracefully, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment