Monday, June 1, 2009

American Splendor

I left work on my lunch break to go to Target with my friend Mandy. I needed to pick up a few things and then get back on time. Target didn't have the things we needed, so we drove to American Apparel, which seemed to be a lot further than I remembered it being.

When we got there, it was already time for me to get back to work and we were in the middle of no where. I told Mandy that we needed to leave and she said "No." At this point several of my friends were there at the store and we were all sitting in a circle on the floor in the middle of the store. I reached for my cell phone to say that I was running late and it was no where to be found. Then Mandy says that she took my cell phone so that I couldn't call work. She was very angry this whole time. None of my friends had their cell phones with them and the store wouldn't let me use their phone. I asked where the nearest pay phone was and they told me it was 3/4 of a mile away.

It was cold outside and we were in a very bad neighborhood. I took one step outside and saw a really creepy guy standing at the corner, so I went back inside the store. I begged for Mandy to give my phone back and she wouldn't. She had hid it somewhere that I wouldn't be able to find. I pleaded that I was going to get fired and I really needed my job. She didn't care, she wanted me to have a "fun day off." Hours and hours went by and it was dark outside. I was crying and crying because she had no idea how important my job was and didn't really care.

I think I did end up getting fired, and I had no idea what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment