Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Banana suit

I was jogging, early in the morning around a neighborhood. I was feeling good about myself for actually taking the time to excersize. I looked at the time and saw I was already late for work so I tried to sprint the way back to my apartment. It was really difficult because I was out of shape.
---
I was walking with a friend on a path, down a hill. There were lots of trees around, like a park. We were going to class/work/somewhere. My friend Dave was walking in front of me about 100 feet away. I wanted to catch up with him, but the faster I went, the faster he went. My friend was also trying to catch up with him so she got on her bike. He got on his bike, seemingly out of nowhere, and was still ahead. Now I could no longer keep pace with either of them. I continued walking on the path in a faster than normal walk.

I notice two of my friends on the same bike. This was a very unusual bike. The person in front had one big wheel and the other person had two smaller wheels, even further back was another wheel with a set of training wheels attached. They are having difficulty trying to ride this bike. The wheels are turning sideways since they are not level, they are turning sideways because the bike is not level and it was very entertaining to watch. I think the bike had orange on it. The wheels also looked as if they were from 3-4 different bikes.
---
I was at a very small vinyl toy convention. There were only a handful of booths in a moderately sized lobby of an office building. I was browsing around, when I saw some friends buying toys from a specific booth so I headed in that direction. The lady who was selling the toys was a young-for-her-age 40 year old woman with blonde hair and a kind of motherly aura about her. As I was walking up to the booth, I heard my friends say "Thanks, Mum!" and walk off to their next purchases. I went over there and said Hi to her and she came out from behind her booth, I guess she was taking a break. We go to sit down at the tables provided and she talks to me like we are good friends. She tells me that her favorite designer is DOMA and I agree.

A group of 4-5 people enter through the glass double doors and they are dressed as different trademark DOMA designs. I instantly regret not bringing my new camera and pull out my cell phone and ask Mum to take a picture of me with them. Three of the costumed people head off to the other side of the room but one of them sees that I wanted to take a picture and comes over to me. He is very attractive from what I can see and he gets behind me so we can pose for the picture. He hugs me, and I get overwhelmed because he is so close and is holding me tightly. A feeling rushes through me and then Mum takes the picture. I say thank you, and he goes off to find the other dressed up people. Mum and I start to head out of the lobby, and I turn around to see if I can make eye contact with the guy again, All I see is a girl dressed in a graphically stylized banana suit. She is wearing white tights and black heels. Her face isn't visible and she is dancing and talking to a group of people she knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment