Sunday, December 27, 2009

Swept away by the wind.

I was in class, we were in small groups collaborating on what kind of game we were going to develop for our project. It was either break time, or class was over so everyone was going outside. I walked outside of the building and started walking down a side street. Every corner I turned I was greeted by more of the beautiful Victorian architecture that could only come from one place, Savannah, Georgia. I followed all of the traffic laws while I was walking around, I never went the wrong way down a one way street. It was time to head back so I turned down the corner of the nearest street (going south) and a very strong wind was blowing north. It was very animated, the way I saw myself standing there. I was making a very scrunched face to brace from the wind and I had one leg out at about a 90 degree angle getting ready to take a step. I couldn't take a step in that direction so I had to go around and avoid streets going that way until I made it back.

I was at my house now, or a place I recognized as my house. I think I was playing Warcraft on my laptop, but it was being projected on the wall, to scale. I was kind of in a daze and I moved my monitor (which coincidentally controlled where the projection was on the wall) around until the image was taking up the entire wall and ceiling and was totally distorted. I laid down on my back, laptop still in my lap and just stared dreamily at it until someone started talking to me.

It was someone I knew, a roommate I guess, she wanted to show me something in the backyard. We walked through the back door and she shows me a new wooden play set that she had put together. I was ecstatic! For some reason I went back inside.

A while later, I went back outside to get a better look at our backyard, this place seemed new to me (maybe I had just moved there?). When I went outside this time, everything was moved around from the last time I was here (maybe a few hours ago). There was a new wooden play set in place of the other one, this one was stained with a very dark wood stain. The set I had previously seen was moved to another area of the yard, now with oranges growing on it, oranges growing on vines, vines entangled around the wood. I look at the far end of the yard and I see all of my college friends in swimsuits, eating pizza and playing around on a little kid's water slide (nothing out of the ordinary). I walk closer to the oranges, the taste of oranges forms on my taste buds as I near them. The oranges growing here are huge! As I round the corner of the wooden trellis, the oranges are bigger and bigger. The ones on the far side are nearly a foot in diameter. I ask out loud "How did these oranges get so big?" but no one responded.

I reach out my hand to touch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment