Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's always somewhere new

There were flashes.

I was in a really old house or warehouse and it was very open and decaying. It started to flood. Other people were there too.
- - -
My family was coming into town to visit me. I must have been somewhere in Europe or Canada because the currency was different. We were going somewhere and I suggested that we take the train because I always took it very frequently and it would be the fastest way to get there. It was more like a subway mixed with a monorail or like those ones you ride at the airport. We got on the train and suddenly I had no idea where we were going.

At one point the train slowed down in this beautiful flower shop. The potted flowers went on as far as I could see and the shop was 3 stories high. At this point the train was going up almost like the tip of a roller coaster before you start. As we got up a little higher I noticed that my mom and my sister had wandered away to look at flowers and could no longer get back on the train so my friend and I hopped off the train and realized we were on the second level of flowers with no way down (It was like the really high up things at home depot where you have to get someone with a really long pole to get it down). So we both picked up a potted flower and smelled it. I couldn't smell it. I was looking around for a way down and I found the metal support for the train tracks and slid down it like a fire pole. I met up with my family at the next closest train station which happened to be very close to where we were. We paid the ticketer 7clasps which was the currency there. I looked down at my purse and picked out what looked like a quarter and a dime and handed it to the attendant. She gave us each bright purple wristbands and we got on the train.

I reassured my family that we were still going the same way and as I looked back up to the second story of flowers, I realized that I still had no idea where I was going and we could be going the exact opposite way of what we wanted. I didn't say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment