Wednesday, April 15, 2009

May I come in?

I was in this field or meadow place that was just covered in beautiful yellow and yellow-green. It was extremely vibrant, littered with little specs of white flowers. The sky was blue, but not so blue that it was fake. There was a single tree and on the horizon you could see that the meadow was bordered with a forest. Someone was there with me, I don't remember who.

As soon as I took in my surroundings, I looked up at the sky and saw dark grey clouds flooding in. They weren't slowly flooding in like clouds do, it was sort of a mass of smoke that seemed to have a purpose. I watched curiously with the "someone" until the edge of the smoke mass started forming a point. I thought that I had seen something like this before, on shows where clouds form into tornadoes. This was more animated than a real cloud and after it formed a point, the point fizzled away. I sighed a bit of relief but before I could soak back into bliss, a tornado appeared. We started running and after a while I was somewhere else and the someone was not with me but I didn't seem to be worried about them at all.

I was in this really medival city, all the architecture was dark, there was no more color left in my surroundings besides the dark forrest green of the few trees. The architecture was very gothic and it kind of reminded me of the underground architecture from Pan's labyrinth. It was hard to determine if I was in the present, or centuries ago, or both at the same time.

The tornado was still chasing me.

I was running, trying to find some small niches to hide in, like the tornado could see me and was trying to suck me into it. The tornado seemed to disapear when I was in small places and as soon as I was out in the open, it would manifest again. Sometimes it was small, knee height or sometimes it was twice my size (still not that big, it was a personal tornado). I found this alley that had a gate at one end and lead to a hallway. I propped myself up and had both my feet on the wall, like a very crunched up X shape, not touching the floor. I looked through the gate and saw the tornado pass through the hallway without "seeing" me.

I ran to the nearest apartment, more like a dwelling, or the nearest sign of someone living there. An awkward, mid 40's, socially inept man answered the door and I walked in.

This is one of the first things I saw this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment