Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Moving Stairs and Teddy Bears

A small group of male friends and myself were heading to my beach house for a weekend excursion. The beach house we finally arrived at, did not resemble my actual beach house at all. The interior was very eclectic and soft, beach colors (white, light blue, soft blue, light and dark wood).

As we walked through the door, the group of us were standing on a circular platform that seemed to be floating about 2 or 3 feet off of the floor. All the small decorations seemed to be hanging on invisible walls. There were circular wooden staircases curving up and around the platform, to get to the second floor. One of my friends asked how do we get down if all of the stairs only went up. We were several feet off of the floor at this point. I simply flipped a switch and a staircase came out of the wall and moved as if motorized over to our platform. Everything was slowly turning in a circle, except the platform. We walked up and down the stairs for a while as I was giving the tour.

The next thing I know I'm in the living room and the friends I was with are no longer there. Now there is a living room full of female friends. All of us are 12 or 13 years old, including me. We were all talking and gossiping. I had made two batches of cookies and set them on the table at the far end of the room where some people were sitting. I announced the presence of the cookies and everyone sitting around them grabbed one until they were gone. We continued talking and we all had teddy bears.

The next thing I know, the beach house is under attack, I don't know from what and I can't explain it. It's unclear to me what was going on, I just know I was scared and everyone was scared and we were trying to defend our house. We decide to call our teddy bears for back up, and they come to life and help us. I don't know what they did, or what we were doing I just have a strong image in my head of a very beat up section of the house with dust and debris everywhere and a brown teddy bear that is covered in dust and soot and partially torn slowly gets up from the floor like a battle wounded soldier.

There was more... I don't remember the rest.

I liked this.

No comments:

Post a Comment